Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10, 2010

Hello to all
The past days have been mainly good. We thank God every day for the gift of a new day and pray that we may serve Him well in it.

Tuesday of this week I experienced nausea and acid reflux for most of the day. These were among the side effects of the oral chemo therapy that I have been advised to follow. There are a few less difficult effects as well, but these two were very debilatating.
On Wednesday my GP (family doctor) called to see how I was doing. She confirmed that the blood tests I had done about 10 days prior looked good and hence I did not get a follow up call from her then. I discussed the side effects of the chemo and she suggested I call the cancer clinic to confirm some suggestions she had to help. I did as she suggested and we were able to pick up some Gravol and Zantec at the drug store and those side effects have not bothered me in the last three days, We are thankful.

We continue to enjoy visits from our relatives and friends. The blessing of the communion of saints is ever present. We also appreciate the many cards and phone calls we have received. And we are thankful that so many promise to remember us in their prayers for healing, and above all comfort and contentment in the ways of the Lord,

We are thankful to God for the comfort of His Word and the many blessings He has given to us in these daysn as well as in all of our life. His nearness and blessings of the past also convince us His promise to stay with us in all circumstances of life.

We pray that He will continue to watch over us from day to day, strengthening us for each day a new, until we shall finally live with Him in eternal bliss.

Pete de Boer

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong Mr. deBeor :) Keep Trusting, keep waiting, keep praying.. for God listens. Isn't it so amazing that we have this awesome God!
    It brings to mind the song "Amazing Grace".

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me.
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now I see.

    T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
    And Grace, my fears relieved.
    How precious did that Grace appear
    The hour I first believed.

    Through many dangers, toils and snares
    I have already come;
    'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
    and Grace will lead me home.

    The Lord has promised good to me.
    His word my hope secures.
    He will my shield and portion be,
    As long as life endures.

    Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
    And mortal life shall cease,
    I shall possess within the veil,
    A life of joy and peace.

    When we've been here ten thousand years
    Bright shining as the sun.
    We've no less days to sing God's praise
    Than when we've first begun.

    The words are so simple, but so true. The Lord has promised so much good to you.
    You are in our prayers
    God bless :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete